Saturday, September 14, 2013

Alaskan Applesauce

It's been a long time since I showed you what I cooked. 



Nick and I live in Alaska now.  I moved here in December 2012 and Nick followed soon after that. 

As a diehard fan of apples,  I was happy to find that our new home in Eagle River, near Anchorage, has four small apple trees.  I don't know what variety they are - it looks like there are two different types.  The apples are small this year.  Next year I will cull some in the spring, so that the tree puts its energy into making fewer, larger apples.  Small or not, they taste great.  Kind of like a mcintosh/cortland blend. 

This morning, I picked a bunch and with some of them, made a small batch of applesauce.

I used a small bit of lemon juice and added a few grains of salt to bring out the natural sweetness of the apples.  No sugar needed!  


4 comments:

  1. This is really amazing and beautiful blog for us!buy Logo


    ReplyDelete
  2. this is nice article i like your blog.....
    Buy logo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel great to see this post, it is very unique, thanks for the share, if you are looking to Buy law essays then visit our site and get up to 6O& off.

    ReplyDelete