Sunday, August 21, 2011

Apricot-Bourbon BBQ Chicken

Boy-oh-boy is this good. This recipe from the Pioneer Woman Cooks is the inspiration for our dinner tonight.

I did a few things differently from the recipe above. First, I used Wild Turkey brand bourbon instead of Jack Daniels. Second, I used apricot preserves instead of peach. For garlic, I used Penzey's dried minced instead of fresh, just because I have it on hand. I used skinless boneless chicken thighs. They fell apart in cooking, which was so yummy in the final dish. Instead of baking the dish in the oven, I threw it in my crock pot because it's hot here and I didn't want to use the oven. At the end, I took the sauce out of the crockpot, then transferred it to a stovetop pan where I reduced it for about 10 minutes. Perfecto.

I have several meals left for the freezer - frozen into individual meal packages, they'll solve the "what's for dinner" problem on a weeknight this coming September.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I'm printing this one out, I needed inspiration. I find many recipies in the Pioneers Woman website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I used this recipe tonight for a ladies' potluck--everyone raved about the chicken--many came back for seconds. This has definitely found its way into my 'company meals' file!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so delicious, Barbara! As you know, I got to enjoy Patti's rendition of it, and I plan to put it into my own rotation very soon.

    ReplyDelete